The Beauty Consumer & Sustainability Trends
This introduction is an extract to our full report on sustainability and consumer trends. Sign-up and select the free option to access this article, and learn more about the Beauty Consumer & Sustainability Trends.
Introduction to a three part report by Theresa Yee, a beauty and wellness journalist and trend forecaster with 15 years’ experience in the cosmetics industry. Previously, Theresa was the senior beauty strategist at global trend forecasters WGSN. Theresa is also a well-respected beauty expert and has judged various industry beauty awards and is currently part of The Attracta Beauty Awards judging panel. She’s also a visiting lecturer at Conde Nast College of Fashion & Design. Health and wellbeing is also one of her focus areas.
The report aims to answer:
- What does sustainability mean to consumers in the post-pandemic world?
- What are their new desires and priorities when considering beauty’s sustainability
- What are shopper’s motivations to sustainable consumption and the roadblocks?
- 10 sustainable beauty trends
4 PARTS REPORT
- Macro trends - part 1, here
- Consumer attitudes to beauty sustainability - part 2, here
- Barriers to buying sustainable beauty products - part
- Sustainable beauty trends - part 3
PART 1 - MACRO TRENDS