It ain't over till it's over
With restrictions increasing around packaging, especially with the latest EU Green Deal with the clear intention to " putting an end to wasteful packaging, boosting reuse and recycling", Europe is setting ambitious targets. This in addition to the already higher materials and transportation costs, and the added pressure on the supply chain, you may think we're facing a wall.
All of this, in conjunction with the search for vegan or all natural formulations, it may seem impossible to continue as it was and we have to completely reinvent the beauty industry. It seems like an impossible task considering all the regulations and safety rules.
What if constraint was a true engine for creativity? Think about a blank page and how daunting it can be to fill it up. Think about kids and how they always push the boundaries because they need to feel safe within their environment, and need to know that as a parent, you will keep them safe.
What if constraints were here to keep us all safe, and especially the planet and our future.
We are here to help you understand the rules of the game, so you know how to play and what to play with!
ERRATUM _ oops I did it again! We sent a newsletter on Wednesday by mistake. Please accept our apologies. We do not wish to spam you. It was actually a sneak peak to members' content.
IN THE PRESS - ABOUT SUSTAINABILITY
- They made it! A secondary packaging box in seaweed
- Behavioural Insights - what was missing from COP26
- Latest Kantar report reveals that LATAM consumers are more concerned about water pollution or water scarcity than any aspect of sustainability. They also think that Manufacturer/Brands could make the biggest difference in controlling and limiting environmental damage. Packaging is also the first point of reference when buying “greener” products.
- Biodegradable wipes do not degrade fast enough, hence clogging sewage system, should the marketing claims be changed to non-biodegradable?
- Nespresso capsule in paper, after 3 years in R&D with a soft launch in French and Switzerland in spring 2023